Sunday, August 22, 2010

I did it!!!

So I successfully finished my first ever slick fabric project!!  It was kind of a pain cuz you have to be really careful where you pin because they will leave marks and if you have to seam rip that leaves marks to so I did had to seam rip a few times but it all worked out.   


The funny thing is the thing that cost the most on this dress was the zipper.  I only spent about $12 on this dress!
Here is the back with the big pretty bow. 
I think this will be the pattern I will us to make Kodie's blessing dress now that I know I can sew slick fabric without ruining it!
Leave me a comment and tell me what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks awesome! I really like the print on the pink too. Don't you love the cost of zippers...insanely spendy. Congrats on the awards at the fair too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you call this "slick" fabric--that's what I call it too! I really prefer not to sew anything that isn't 100% cotton, but sometimes we have to branch out, right? ;) It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Love all your comments, keep them coming!! :)